Sunday, July 8, 2012

Love my boy!

Tonight my boy and I had a good talk.  He was exhausted after a long day of swimming with his aunts and threw a little fit when I told him he had to go to bed. (I know he was exhausted when he started throwing a fit because he very rarely does that!)  After he got calmed down he told me he was sorry for throwing a fit and asked me if we could do some extra fun stuff together this week, then I sang him his favorite bedtime song, "You Are My Sunshine" and he fell asleep while I was singing to him.  I really started thinking about how soon we will both be starting back to school.  He will be a big kindergartner and I will be student teaching at Wellston High School.  This will be the first semester that I have to be gone all day, every day, and on Wednesday's I won't get home until 8 p.m. because of a class I have to take at school! So anyways, it is going to be a big change and a very busy time so I want to take full advantage of the month left we have together before it starts!  I have a board on Pinterest full of ideas of fun things to do with Nate and we are going to do as many as possible!
Here are some of our fun plans:

  • Go to the library and get some books to read together
  • Read
  • Swim--and work on teaching Nate to swim
  • Swing
  • Jump on the trampoline
  • Make pizza
  • Make cookies and read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"
  • Make muffins and read "If You Give a Moose a Muffin"
  • Play at the park
  • Go on a nature walk and find cool leaves and rocks
  • Draw on the sidewalk with chalk
  • Take an "Alphabet tour" (Pinterest find)
  • Go to the Children's Museum 
  • Make sock puppets and have a puppet show
  • Camp out in the back yard
  • Go bowling
  • Make a fort in the living room
  • Play I Spy
  • Take silly pictures with Photo Booth
  • Make "sand pudding" (Pinterest find)
  • Take a glow bath (Pinterest find)
  • Make lego jello (Pinterest find)
I am looking forward to doing all of these fun things with my boy and spending lots of time together!

love my silly boy and the pictures he takes of himself with my phone


No comments:

Post a Comment